AUSTRALIA AT CHRISTMAS TIME

My goodness I know its been just ages since I've updated anything but I'm pretty crap at that sort of stuff and most people know it. I had notions of updating this regularly and it being a routine read for all my loved ones where they could check in with me frequently. Alas, no such luck! I suppose I just caught up in whatever location and moment I happen to be in and forget all about letting everyone know what is going on. Denise recently told me that she'd been really worried for a few months after I left Britain because she kept writing and phoning and she never received a reply - she thought I'd frozen in the Canadian wilderness. Not so! Though the Canadian wilderness has been quite cold lately, on average -20 celsius. But this entry is meant to be about home!
I went home at Christmas to meet up with Ken and all my family and friends in such a rushed and hurried trip that it left me feeling tired and emotional on returning to the land of the mounty. I think going home actually made me more homesick than I have been in about four years. Here are some photos to reiterate what a great times it was. I returned to the snowy north with a luscious tan to the envy of my colleagues even though they couldn't see it under all my layers of clothing (quite depressing - oh vanity! I took to wearing t-shirts inside despite the nippiness just to show off my arms!!)

Comments

Popular Posts