My footwear of choice at the moment. The spring has sprung, the grass has been released from the cover of three feet of snow and though dead and brown, will soon be green (I hope). 'Til then, the ground is mushy and wet, hence the boots. All good Alaskans wear these, even though I'm not Alaskan.....

or in Alaska....

anyway, they're double dipped in neoprene so are extra warm when walking through icy water. They're called "Extra-Toughs!" I love them!

Ice fishing with beer last weekend. The logo for the local beer I clutch is "beer worth freezing for!"

Shea and our friend Nick ice fishing (after we ladies got bored and decided to retire to the warmth of the cabin). See the hole by Shea's feet? I augered that myself! When Shea did one it took maybe two minutes, I think I was still augering away determinedly after about ten or so!

Mum asked what an auger is (and told me the correct spelling for it). Basically it's a big cork screw that you just wind into the ice and it scrapes it away with not too much effort until you get through the ice to the water below. The auger's are from Scandinavia, I believe.

Comments

Isa said…
They may be double-dipped in neoprene, but seriously, don't they come in better colours?? ;-D

Popular Posts