Shea took the Bun and I back to Granite Lake cabin this last weekend. It's almost been a year since we were last there (with the lovely Anne last time - no boiled beer with her but she did gut her first fish!). 
I was a tad apprehensive, having not skiied much at all this year, plus I'm carrying this extra weight.....
in the end it was tiring but great. Quite cool (minus 25) and this incredible wind that called for the full use of all parka's, gloves etc.

The second pic of me looking quite blue is showing about as hard core as I got all weekend - collecting water from the frozen lake after someone else had augured the hole. We had three mates with us and two sled dogs who are living with us while we dog-sit them for the next month. Shipton (pictured) pulled me across the lakes making skiing feel quite easy really, extra weight or not! If you note how much I am carrying myself; it's the tiniest of day-packs - all that Shea would allow. He uncomplainingly towed ALL our gear on a sled; thankfully he had his own dog to make it less tiresome. I tried pulling it at one stage and was aghast at how heavy it was....maybe I shouldn't have packed food in lass jars....

Comments

Popular Posts