Highlights of summer # 4: A new family of Newluks


Adelaide arrived  screaming into our lives and since then has brought a whole new realm to the adventures we've chosen to pursue this summer. My Mum and Dad observed that Adelaide 'fits into' our schedule as opposed to us fitting hers. I wonder as to the truth of this as she just commanded the last three hours of my evening by refusing to fall asleep and crying real tears that roll down her chubby cheeks and just break my heart. Mountain Man Dad is off on a school trip so the wee Laide and I are on our own, muddling our way through this parenting process. She usually has such patience with me, smiling adoringly through my awkward attempts to dress her, change her, get her damn car seat into it's base in the car. Sometimes though, like tonight when I decided on a whim that she should put herself to sleep, she really got herself worked up over my fool-hardiness. It just took a late night call to one of my young-Mum girlfriends to remind me of what is blatantly clear to Adelaide. She's still very young and just needs her Mum, dim as she may be, close by. There goes my fantasised evening of catching up on emails and a long, luxurious shower. It's nearing midnight and I just finished my cold dinner.

Here are some other pics of her first summer....

Hanging out with Mum...


Hanging out with Dad...


Growing up on a building site...
Having her most intimate of area's being exposed publicly in yet another cold, blowy, frigid outdoor location to which we dragged her for a delightful picnic....

Sleeping...

Eating her fisrt solid food...ice-cream!

Canoeing...

And most importantly, learning how to drive. The kid's a genius I tell you!

Comments

Popular Posts