the op shop tour of New Zealand

Where I come from, the Op Shop is an institution in every small town. One which my brother avoids and my husband adores. It stands for 'Op' stands for 'Opportunity' and for us (Mountain Dad and I), it offers the opportunity to drop a whole lot of money and increase the weight of our bags ten fold. Ever after a good deal, Mountain Dad's enthusiasm led us to pretty much every single Op Shop we would cross. If closed, we'd gaze longingly through the windows.

In our travels in NZ, a duration of just 2.5 months bear in mind, we purchased a total of 23kg's of stuff (a whole extra bag for the airline to profit from). Just off the top of my head we bought, clothes (heaps), retro patterned sheets (all single - do we own a single bed? Nope. Hope to one day), tins, mosquito net, books and an old enamel milk pail. And this is just the stuff we brought home. I'm not sure how many kilo's of stuff we left behind.

Here are some pics of some of my faves:

tins for something or other

umbrella. yellow t-shirt and back-pack from a garage sale

cardigan, top and jeans all care of NZ Op Shops

a find for Mama - cardigan and blue top

even Mountain Dad found a sweet new shirt (with snaps!)


this might be my new favourite sheet (though currently I have no use for it)


did NOT buy these, I figure having 11 of them in Whitehorse is enough

Comments

Popular Posts