giving thanks


I finally sorted through our monster pile of washing this morning and realised, as I put a wee dress of Little Ladie’s away, that some of those pieces had been sitting there since Thanksgiving. Due to the roaming date of that holiday I can’t exactly determine how long ago that was, but I think it’s in the vicinity of a month.

I thus figure, that if I still have clothing from Thanksgiving as somewhat current in the wear-wash-dry-fold-put-away cycle, then I can still post about the event of that weekend. Even though the photo’s have us out in a snow free garden wearing just one jacket, not one-piece snow suits, it’s relatively current. 

For Thanksgiving this year I offered thanks for the versatility, the adaptability of my family. After five months of vagrant wandering in the South Pacific, we’ve returned to the frosty north, to two demanding jobs, a new daycare placement, loads of laundry and a second house that Mountain Dad is still working on despite the -24 celsius temperature. And we’re all doing well. Weary, but well.
And for that, I’m thankful.
 




Comments

Popular Posts