8/52

It's been a couple of years now that I've been poring happily over the blog's of other Mama's from all over the world. I gaze at photo's that shimmer with the warmth of my faraway Australian home that I always long for. I look at the images of Mama's in similar frosty places to my new home (and often chortle to think that nothing quite compares to the Yukon). I laugh at the stories and sometimes even find a trickle of a tear creep out at other tales of wonder or challenge. It's such a world of similar adventures. I'm always inspired to share my own more frequently.

And so saying, I join in with Jodi's 52 A Portrait A Week  in an effort to challenge myself to focus more photographic time on my Little Ladie. Now that I'm back to teaching full-time, as is Mountain Dad, our Little One is at daycare for more hours in the day than we get to see her. No longer does the meandering time of holidays allow us the leisure to capture her dear expressions, moments, joy. If I can find the time to gaze happily at the images Jodi shares each week over at Che and Fidel, surely I can find the time to snap a few of my own.

Here goes....
Above we see Little Ladie proudly clutching her first pair of "whoosh" (aka ski's). A telemarker in the making, crowed Mounatin Dad. Though when we pried them from her grip, placed them on the snow in front of her feet and tried to help her into them, she began bawling, emphatically crying "No, no, no," and they hurriedly got put back in the shed.

Stay tuned for attempt #2...

Comments

Popular Posts