hello again

 
 Throughout my travels, my parents have always had a policy of assuming that if 
 they've not heard from me in a while then life must be going well. I hope the same 
of you, for I know it's been "aaaages" (as our Little Ladie would say) since my last post.
 
I assure you, life has been going well. We finished our New Zealand Workaway 
stint and have spent the last month with my parentals enjoying beach fun and 
farm fun and lots of family fun (how much of the latter depends, of course,
on who you ask). There are so many great stories I couldn't possibly write them
all tonight. Besides I have a date with Mountain Dad and the tele; just as soon 
as he finishes sanding something in my Dad's shed. So in the interest of time, 
an engaged audience and marital harmony, I will simply post some pictures from 
our Christmas revelries out on the family farm, Moonbah. It's 30 minutes out of 
Condobolin, which is 7 hours west of Sydney. In the next couple of days I'll post
some stories of the last few weeks including:
- High heels on a dirt track
- Extended family loving
- In which Mountain Dad deems Australia the 'friendly' isle 
(and laces his voice with sarcasm)
 
Happy New Year to you all and I hope your holiday time was as relaxed and joyful 
as ours. And just maybe you got to drive a D9 Dozer like Mountain Dad. He was 
the life of our family Christmas gathering, driving all and sundry to tasks they 
would otherwise have avoided. His reward was having a go at shearing a sheep and 
knocking down a tree with aforementioned D9. 
 
"But, it would need to go anyway, wouldn't it?" he querulously asked my Uncle.
 
"Camille," my Uncle later told me with a wink, "I told him it was in the middle 
of the road and in the way." As I surveyed the wreckage of the tree I wondered 
how Mountain Dad could have thought that that isolated thicket of tree's could 
possibly have 'been in the way.' I think his environmental sensibilities were 
momentarily blinded by sheer lust for a roaring, goring D9. 
 
Have I mentioned that he is now the Ecotourism Instructor for Yukon College?  






Comments

Joann said…
Happy New Year to you guys! Congrats to Shea for his (new?) position! See you back here, sometime soon... :)

Popular Posts