skating on thin ice


Well, hopefully it wasn't too thin. No ice breaks, anyway. No bone breaks either, thank goodness.
Mountain Dad is in love with ice-skating at this time of year. There's not too much snow to shovel from the ice and the days aren't brutally cold. It means you can get out on any number of  hidden lakes in the forest behind our house. He LOVES it and is insistent that the family Newluks join him on these outings. Our Little Ladie is well into it, telling me not to be nervous and that she will hold my hand to help out her nervous Mama.

In the name of family harmony I gave it another bash today. I so infrequently ice skate that when I do, I'm rigid with fear and so focused on my toes that my eyes water. But I managed it, though my legs now ache. And I didn't fall. And just maybe I got an inkling of how magic it makes Mountain Dad feel.

Speaking of feelings, today we took a bunch of Little Ladie photo's that remind me, remarkably, of me.

This is also how I felt to begin with....

This is what I wished I was doing...

This is how I felt at the end...

And I'd been really hoping to have some help like this...

Oh wait, I did!

Mountain Dad says he's never seen an adult size pair of skates like you see Adelaide wearing. I wish so much that I could have double blades under my feet. I'm SURE their must be some for me out there!

Comments

Popular Posts