greetings from Vancouver #2

To my darlings,
This is the view from our apartment in Vancouver. You will get to see this for yourselves in eleven sleeps. Do you see those little red spots in the bottom right had corner of the picture? No, the other right, Adelaide...yup, that one. That's a playground for you guys to play in. The round path is a good one for you to ride your bikes on if we bring them. The path that runs along the water is also for bikes and people walking. I'm not sure how we'll go on that one; it's like an ants nest as it's so busy and bustling. Adelaide, do you remember when you rode right into the bushes on the Millennium Trail because you weren't watching where you were going? That wouldn't happen here because you'd run into another bike before you reached the bushes! We have to practice keeping our eyes on the path and being aware of what is going on around us.
I'm working hard to practice that as well, but I think my chemo brain makes it a bit hard. Today I nearly ran into two cars at the same time, but luckily they were keeping an eye on me. I guess if everyone else in the city doesn't have chemo brain, I should be o'kay.

Here is my 3:1 for today.
My happy's:
1) Having a little visit with Becky. Her hair is growing back and looks so chic, (that's fancy for very pretty and a bit cool). 
2) The view out my window. The harbour is busy with cargo ships, cruise ships, yachts, ferries, row boats, motor boats, sea planes and even a paddle wheeler. It reminds me of that page in the Richard Scarry book that we love.
3) Swimming. Our apartment building has a pool and I went for a swim this morning before radiation. I think you guys will love it; it's SO warm and the ceiling is underneath a water fountain that is in the garden next to our building. When you look up you don't see a plain ceiling, you see a wishy, washy watery roof. 

My frown:
Doing radiation is weird. It doesn't hurt, in fact you don't feel like it's doing anything to you at all. But it is unusual. I felt like they were poking my head in a very big flower that had only four petals. The petals rotate around you, sometimes moving very close to my chest and sometimes whirring away and round me. You don't see what they are doing to you but their sending lasers right through my body. 

I love you guys. Wish you were here.
Love, Mama.

Comments

Popular Posts