greetings from vancouver #3

To my Lox and Laide,
It's been a couple of days since my last postcard. I've been so busy scooting around this big city that I've been forgetting to take photo's for you. It was great to talk to you both the other day when you were in the car. You're both sounding so grown up! Adelaide, I'm glad to hear that you're looking forward to living in an apartment, just "like you've always wanted!" I don't think I've heard you mention that desire before...now I can hear you telling me that my 'chemo brain' has made me forget, but I'm not so sure...
Lox, I'm glad there is no owie on your leg after all. How are your legs looking? Pretty smooth or lots of owies to show how much fun you've been having outside?
I've been out riding my bike a whole lot but do not have any owies to show for it. I did get a free ice-cream the other day because it was National Ice Cream Day, which now that I think of it, might actually be better than getting owies.
There is so much going on in a city, you just won't believe it when you get here. On the same day that I was handed a free ice cream, there was a giant slip-and-slide right down the middle of a street, elsewhere there were farmers markets, a Thai Festival and I got to go and see a Shakespeare play in a park. These were only the things that I knew about, I'm sure there was a lot more happening in other parts of the city.
Everywhere I cycle I notice splash parks and playgrounds (I never used to notice such things when in a city, but I think you two have trained me to view life differently). We'll have to explore them all! I don't see any kids running around the splash parks naked - can you please remind Dad to pack your swimmers?
I love you lots. Be good to Auntie Skye.
Love, Mama.

Comments

Popular Posts