40/52



 A portrait a week of my "two george-us kids."

Lachlan: In one of his three states of being; looking, eating or sleeping (he also does a whole lot of farting but that doesn't really count as a state of its own, does it?)

Adelaide: On our favourite neighbours bouncy castle.
You heard me, they have their own bouncy castle. That's not entirely why they're the favourite neighbours but it sure helps put them up there. On this day, I'd been putting my wee Ladie down for her nap and she was bouncing around her bed showing no inclination for sleep. Without any consultation with my neighbour and through absolute desperation I heard myself say, "if you don't go to sleep you can't play on the bouncy castle. After your nap we can go next door and ask Ian to blow up the bouncy castle, but ONLY if Adelaide has her nap." Straight away I inwardly cursed myself for promising something that I had no way of following through with.
Sure enough, her first words on waking were, "bouncy castle?" I tried to cover my parenting faux pas with a stumbling assurance of offering the option of calling Ian and asking if we could use the bouncy castle.
Coincidentally Ian called right after this speech, to invite us over for dinner. I laughed about my bribery, motivation during nap time and he nonchalantly offered to fulfill my promise. 
So there we were, moments later, with my crazy Ladie bouncing around, the babe asleep in his car seat and a fresh cup of coffee c/- Ian's espresso machine in my hand.
Favourite neighbours, I tell you.

Comments

Popular Posts